Saturday, May 17, 2008

i've lived in all sorts of wacky ghetto places, and yet i can't seem to think of a single wacky story about them.

OH! i thought of one.

our bathroom has a skylight, and we added a vent onto it one year. i was thirteen then, and had just begun to stay home alone while my parents were at work. i loved taking long baths after walking home from school, through the windy autumn dusk - for the sun set early in fall. well, as i began to turn on the dimmer lights and ventilator in the bathroom, i heard wild flapping noises. i thought it was just the wind. houses can creak very noisily in the wind. i undressed and climbed into my bath, singing. at one point i lay down and gazed at the skylight as i love to. there was BLOOD streaking down the sides of the skylight.

i screamed but of course no one was home to hear me, so i ran out and locked myself in my room.

my parents came home and cleaned up the mess. of course, a bird had been trapped inside the vent. i had killed the poor thing when i turned on the light and fan.

No comments: