Friday, November 14, 2008

A new girl in my tenth grade class had a fake boyfriend/husband. She would forge love letters from him to herself, get herself fake christmas presents from him, email us photos of their day at Canada's wonderland - except they'd be photos of "scenery", i.e. no one recognizable was in them. It would have been well and good if she didn't insist that her boyfriend went to our high school, because we never saw any guy pay particular attention to her, and then she spun a story about how they eloped in New York. I often wonder why she bothered: we were all happy enough to be her friend without the fake boy.

This is different, but someone once mistook me for her boyfriend's ex. I was really shy then, and although I corrected her, we were in a loud place and she clearly didn't hear me and kept on addressing me as "Cecilia" (the ex). I had to leave soon afterwards, so I still wonder if she thought I was fake.

No comments: